Steps to replace Roof Seal on Coleman Popup Trailer:
1. Put your trailer roof/top up 6 to 12 inches so you can work on it. Remove both parts of the old rubber seal so you are down to the white roof edge. Usually you can just pull it right off the roof. Sometimes you may need to slide a putty knife between the ABS roof and the old seal to coax it off.
2. Scrape off the old glue residue from the roof edge with a putty knife or razor blade. Using a clean cloth clean the roof edge with Acetone, so the new glue will stick well.
3. You will need about 41 feet of new seal for the largest of the Coleman Popup Trailers & some type of adhesive. We recommend 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.
4. As you go along, put a 1/8" bead of adhesive into the groove of the new seal 3-4 feet at a time. Starting from the center back of the trailer press the new seal onto the roof edge. If needed use a rubber mallet to gently tap the new seal securely onto the roof edge. Continue all around the trailer until you meet back at your starting point. Then cut the remaining seal to fit flush against the starting edge of your seal and touch up the joint with more 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.
5. Let dry for 24 hours, lower your roof, and you are done!
Supplies & Tools Needed:
2. Adhesive- We recommend 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive -also sold with the seal at above websites
3. Acetone, rags, putty knife, razor blades, optional rubber mallet (Home Depot, Lowes, etc)